1. ArchAngel was shot in January 2017. It was a two week shoot and the final cut was done in May 2017.
2. Everyone in crew had a cameo apart from one BTS videographer and producer Gina Hammond due to her coming on board during post production.
3. Gershwyn Eustache Jr was so particular about how his character would keep his car clean he obsessed over a dirty windscreen and kept cleaning it. This landed him the credit of ‘vehicle transparency technician’
4. On set to keep morale high in very cold conditions cast and crew would often play pranks on each other…include one of them
5. When young Angel skims stones that was actually 1st AD Catarina Rodrigues. Her and Kamal were the only ones able to do it.
6. The idea to create the short came from the director, Rachel Kaden. after reading a feature script “Ratshots and Ambiguity” written by Shayne Mangodza, she suggested to him that it would be a good idea to create a story that links to the feature before trying to pitch the idea of the feature film. Rachel and Sayne co-wrote the prequel of “Ratshots and Ambiguity” and that is how ArchAngel was created.
7. Pre-production began in December 2016. The shooting of the film started on 18th of January and finished on 28th of January 2017.
8. The whole budget was under £600.
9. The first screening of the film for the cast and the crew was held on 4th of May 2017.